On Fri, 2016-03-11 at 09:25 -0800, James Bottomley wrote:

> > With the ssl/ directory enabled?
>
> Yes, if you crack the package, this is the contents:
>
> /usr/include/edk2
> /usr/include/edk2/Base.h
> /usr/include/edk2/Guid
> /usr/include/edk2/Guid/GlobalVariable.h
> /usr/include/edk2/Guid/ImageAuthentication.h
> /usr/include/edk2/Library
> /usr/include/edk2/Library/BaseCryptLib.h
> /usr/include/edk2/ProcessorBind.h
> /usr/include/edk2/Protocol
> /usr/include/edk2/Protocol/Hash.h
> /usr/include/edk2/Protocol/Pkcs7Verify.h
> /usr/include/edk2/Uefi
> /usr/include/edk2/Uefi/UefiBaseType.h
> /usr/lib64/edk2
> /usr/lib64/edk2/OpensslLib.lib
>
> It's the OpensslLib.lib that allows you to link all openssl functions
> in EFI.  It's cheating quite a bit because the headers aren't present,
> so you use the Linux headers from openssl-devel when you compile.

That's dangerous and likely to break; various structures change.

But still, the OpensslLib in EDK2 only builds libcrypto; the contents
of the crypto/ directory of OpenSSL.

The discussion here is about building libssl, from ssl/.

Jiaxin proposed building it as a separate library. I asked why not just
build it into the *same* OpensslLib.

Did you *really* enable the building of openssl-1.0.2x/ssl/*.c in the
above builds? Or are you talking about something different?

--
dwmw2