Rich Ulrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
:  - I was a bit surprised by the newspaper coverage.   I tend to
: forget that most people, including scientists, do *not*  blame
: regression-to-the-mean, as the FIRST suspicious cause
: whenever there is a pre-post design:  because they have
: scarce heard of it.

I don't see how RTM can explain the average change in a prepost design
those above the pre population mean will tend to be closer to the post
population mean but this doesn't say anything about the average
change. Any depression study is apt to show both a placebo AND a no
treatment effect after 6 weeks