----------
In article <83ftip$qdf$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Haider Al-Katem"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have conducted a factor analysis on some questionnaire items. The
> dependent variables that I am measuring for example ('Intention To Buy',
> 'Attitude towards a product'  and 'Trust in buying the product from a
> merchant' ) seem to load significantly high on two factors which leaves me
> with a NOT SIMPLE FACTOR STRUCTURE.
>
> I am assuming that since 'Intention To Buy', 'Attitude towards a product'
> and 'Trust in buying the product from a merchant'  all seem to be some type
> of an ATTITUDE , the significantly high factor loadings on the two factors
> may be justifiable.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1. Are my above interpretations of the result correct?
>
> 2. If not, is there a statistical method that can help me overcome this
> 'non-simple factor structure'?

You haven't indicated exactly what the indicators are of these dependent
variables.  If you only have three indicators  then you can only get one
common factor for them.  Two factors are underidentified for three
indicators.

Also beware of a possible simplex for your variables or subset of them.
In that case a common factor model is not sufficient but may be misleading
in fitting fairly well.