A program like SAS or SPSS will calculate factor scores for you.  A
factor score is an estimated location of an object (not a variable)
relative to a factor.  If your factors are orthogonal, then you can
plot each case using that case's score on Factor 1 and the score on
Factor 2 as the X- and Y- coordinates of in a 2-dimensional space.

I believe the formula for estimating factor scores of a common-factor
model is not trvial (unless all communalities are 1).  Therefore one
might as well let the software calculate factor scores.  The topic is
well explained in the SAS manual (PROC FACTOR)--perhaps also in the
SPSS manual.

John Uebersax, PhD             (805) 384-7688
Thousand Oaks, California      (805) 383-1726 (fax)
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Agreement Stats:   http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jsuebersax/agree.htm
Latent Structure:  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jsuebersax
Existential Psych: http://members.aol.com/spiritualpsych