--------------141A87E6CFA8A75FBE4147FD

SPSS also does not claim to have a fully featured spread sheet.  The GUI has 2
spreadsheet-like components:  the "data view" which shows the data table itself
and the "variables view" which is a table that has a row for each variable and
columns for all the data definition. In the variables views the cells are
un-spreadsheetlike (How's that for a neologism!) in that they use Windows drop
down controls in the cells to define value labels and different kinds of missing
data values.  In the data view cells do not contain formulae.

SPSS uses many of the Windows features derived from Xerox and DECWindows that
speadsheets use such as menus to create syntax or to directly perform tasks.

begin:vcard
n:Kendall;Art
tel;work:301-864-5570
x-mozilla-html:FALSE