Thank you Riccardo Murri
1. Load balancing: You submit the number of jobs to the cluster and
depending upon the number of jobs, cluster adds or removes the nodes. This
is automatic and is accomplished by running load balancer in parallel. In
this way, users can go on submitting the jobs to the head/master node and
there is no need to manually add/remove nodes.

Reference: http://star.mit.edu/cluster/docs/0.95.6/manual/load_balancer.html

2. I tried again with prebuilt AMI (by building it again) and it is working
now. I think there was some issues with earlier AMI. Thank you for
alternate playbook technique.