Steve wrote:

>While I agree that Mouser is a super parts source,
>nothing beats buying Elecraft parts from ... Elecraft!

I wonder about a couple of things:

(1)  Is the supply of parts at least a financial break-even enterprise
       for Elecraft?  Or is it a service provided at a net loss?
(2)  Should Elecraft consider carrying parts that are frequently
       upgraded beyond the stock parts supplied with a kit.  (Frankly,
       the only item that comes to mind that has had considerable appeal
       is the metal shaft VFO pot for the K1.)  Perhaps there could be an
       option to select the "upgrade" part at time of kit purchase.

73,
Mike / KK5F