2004-08-10 kl. 13.59 skrev Brian Wruble:

If Elecraft DOES wish to be in the replacement parts business, then there is
no reason for them to provide that information.

I disagree.

Part numbers can be very helpful, if you're not located in the United States. I am located in Sweden, and I have had to order some parts directly from Elecraft since I have not been able to find spare parts of those particular types here in Sweden.

But when it is possible to order parts locally, When buying from Elecraft, I have to deal with the sometimes unreliable postal services, and high shipping costs.

That said -- Elecraft have given me very good treatment when ordering parts. The time when some parts were lost in the mail, they re-shipped the parts with no charge to me, and without any fuss. (Still waiting for the second shipment -- I'm crossing my fingers. :-)

Bottom line -- I live in Sweden, and when possible I prefer to shop locally if I can to avoid having to pay and wait for international shipping, but when I have been forced to turn to Elecraft -- their performance is flawless.

--
Per von Zweigbergk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>