Vic and others that may be wondering on this.  I use auto-detect with a hand
key and paddles on the same line.  The two diodes are mounted under my
paddles.  I have never had a spurious long dash or any other problem with
the paddles, but I have noticed that if the contact on the hand key gets a
little dirty, occasionally the hand key will cause alternating dots/dashes
to be sent.  Not sure if this is a diode anomaly or something else.
Cleaning the contacts on the handkey by burnishing with a piece of heavy
paper has always seemed to fix the problem when it occurs.

Jim Sheldon - W0EB
K2 #4338

---