To: "Bob Tellefsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 12:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K2 auto-detect feature

Hi guys,

This discussion reminds me of something I've been wanting to for a while. I don't use the internal keyer in the K2 but prefer my own keyer and I'd like to parallel my computer/cw keyboard with it. What kind of circuit would this require or could I just parallel
the lines together?

Thanks,

Lou - W6UR
K2/100 #3578

Bob Tellefsen wrote:

Vic
I built a little keying adapter in a small can to do this.
It has two jacks, one for my paddles and one for the
keying lead from my TR Log laptop. The laptop jack in mono, and the paddles jack is stereo. The output is
a three wire lead to the key jack in the K2.

Inside the can are the two diodes that steer the single
keyline from the laptop to both the dit and dah lines
to the K2.  The paddles connect direct to the dit and dah
lines.  It's been working just fine at any speed I can handle.