Good Evening,
The bands have been pretty good today. When I had a chance I tried calling CQ and answering a few. Amazing how many different exchanges there are for all of the contests going on simultaneously. I thought I heard OQP but that did not set off an alarm. Worked a guy in the Oklahoma QSO Party and got a K1 serial number. Had to give him my state though ;) Then there were the SOC folks asking for membership numbers. Some of them were working both shores too. So I gave out my SOC number and my K2's SN as well. Tried 10 and 15 meters but no one heard up there. 20, 40, and 80 were productive though. I finally got a chance to work Roger, WA7BOC, with a good signal. 80 meters works quite well for us. Now to get that loop strung up by some rope and develop an 80 meter version of the Elecraft CW Net or simply a round table where we get to meet folks closer in. Gardening took precedence today so I shovelled our neighbors manure on to the garden. Good exercise but I will be stiff tomorrow. Priced a new type of plastic for each of the greenhouses too. Hopefully it will truly last for 4 years instead of the six months I get out of the other type. The various QSO parties were very nice today but hopefully you all will not be too tired to check into the nets tomorrow evening. They won't start until nine hours later so you can get in a nap if need be. The sun has been pretty good to us this week. Only once was 20 meters uncooperative. The MUF must have dropped slightly that day since my sked at 2200z on 30 meters was very good. Then later on during the fox hunt 40 meters was good all the way to Virginia.

Please join us :
Monday 0000z (Sunday 4pm PST) 14050 kHz
Monday 0300z (Sunday 7pm PST)  7045 kHz

Visit our web site: http://ecn.visionseer.com/ for net details. Thanks Dan.

There are no special procedures to follow on ECN. Just send your call sign when one of the NCS folks calls for QNI. Speed is whatever you feel comfortable with. Please check in and see who you can hear around North America. You also get to hear a few
weather reports too :)
   73 and see you on the nets,
       Kevin.  KD5ONS

No Tom tomorrow but there may be another kind soul willing to help relay stations into Oregon.
   KJR