Mike,

Are you measuring on the correct pin, and do you have the RF GAIN at full
Clockwise rotation (Max gain)?

I see no indication that 8 volts should be measured for the AGC.  The manual
page 47 calls for setting the AGC Threshold pot to achieve a voltage of 3.80
volts as measured at Control Board U2 pin 5.  If you are not able to adjust
that high, check the soldering of Control Board RP6 and pot R1 carefully,
make certain the resistance from Control Board P1 pin 6 to ground is close
to zero (if it is higher, check the connectors), and lastly check the
voltage available at the OUT terminal of Control Board U4.  There are no
active devices in this part of the circuit - it is just a resistive voltage
divider with two legs and driven by the 8 volt supply rail.

73,
Don W3FPR