Mike,

No, I do not believe the last digit on your measurement - call it 3.79 and
be done with it - that is close enough.

Yes, U4 is the culprit here.  Everything will likely work FB with the 7.88
volts, and the main thing you will observe is that the 'bogey value' AGC
Threshold should be lowered a bit - my guess is: because your 8 volt rail is
0.12 volts low, you should initially set the AGC threshold so the voltage is
about 0.06 volts lower than specified in the manual (set to 3.74 volts).

I do recommend optimizing your AGC Threshold after you have the K2 up and
running on all bands.  With no antenna attached, there should be no audible
difference between the AGC on and AGC off conditions (using a 0.70 width CW
filter on 40 meters with the Preamp off).  To achieve that, I would believe
that you will end up with an AGC Threshold somewhere between 3.65 volts and
3.70 volts - but that remains to be seen for your particular K2.  Further
refinements/adjustments are possible, but I cannot go into all the details
in a reasonable length reflector post.  If you want to do this optimization,
the goal should be to achieve a condition where the receiver gain is not
reduced by internal receiver noise while retaining 'good' S-meter activity
(the CAL S-LO and CAL S-HI setting interact with the AGC Threshold and can
create a lot of work if you choose to 'get it just right' - and what is
'right' is subject to individual interpretation).

73,
Don W3FPR