For weekend getaways to a summer house, I have been successful with the
following equipment:

KX1 with built-in tuner
Sony sensitive earbuds
Elecraft paddle and a spare (KXPD1 and Paddlette PK1)
Power Station (7AH gel cell) with power cord
40-m dipole (with 300-ohm twinlead feedline)
Antenna wire rolled up into a plastic camping clothesline reel.
SD-20 fiberglas pole with 2 bungee cords to secure to the back deck
BNC to Binding Post adaptor or Elecraft Balun
Logbook and pen

Sometimes I use a BLT tuner with a small BNC-to-BNC cable.

For the beach, the pole fits into a fishing pole holder that is stuck in the
sand.

I carry a small meter and some tools like a multi-attachment screwdriver and
a wire stripper/cutter. I also include some spare adaptors and a fresh set
of internal batteries.

I have worked all over the place on 40m, 30m, and 20m with great results.
I've even worked some DX through pile ups.

I'm looking for a nice, simple way to roll up the 50 feet of feedline.