I have pictures of what I carry in a waist pack, and in an auxillary bag for mobile. Click on the pictures for closeups and mouseover for captions.
See http://wa5znu.org/log/2005/03/kx1-bag.html

I got most of the ideas from a presentation by Wayne N6KR. Altogether it is smaller than the old Standard HT I have around somewhere.

Not pictured are my Pac-12 which I often use, or (if I need a portable tree) a Cabelas 14ft pole or an SD-20 (depends on walking or driving).

Leigh / WA5ZNU