That's a good suggestion and it's one that I've considered.  I should
get back to this on Tuesday when three of my ten grandchildren who have
been here for alternating weeks this summer are back at home so that
peace and tranquility have returned here.  With the variations that I
seen in ground path resistances, a variation in ADC input voltages
and/or offsets seem quite plausible.

Dunc, W5DC