John,

Rather than changing the SSB filters for digital modes, activate the
RTTY filter set in the secondary menu.  That gives you a set of filters
(just like the SSB set but with the important difference that the SSBC
menu parameter is independent - always set to 1:1 for digital modes).

I set the RTTY FL1 filter the same as the SSB OP1 for use with a wide
waterfall display, but I set the other 3 to widths of 1.00, 0.70 and
0.40 each centered at 1000 Hz to be able to deal with QRM if the need be
- just tune the desired signal in (with the VFO) to about 1000 Hz on the
waterfall display and switch to the more narrow filters.  With PSK the
narrow filters are seldom necessary, the for RTTY it is often needed -
set the application's mark frequency to 915 Hz and you should be good.

73,
Don W3FPR