Mike,

I don't understand why you think there is a problem. I guess I don't
understand what you are trying to do.

The hardware setup to use both receivers in RTTY is simple, and no
different from what you use with a single receiver - a single stereo
cable from the K3's LINE OUT to the sound card's LINE IN for receive, a
single mono (or stereo) cable from the sound card's LINE OUT to the K3's
LINE IN for AFSK transmit, and use RTS on the radio control port for
PTT. Or, if you prefer FSK, replace the AFSK transmit cable with FSK and
PTT keying circuits to the AUX input.

There is no need for a second sound card, no need to cut cables, no need
to use a mixer to adjust balance.

You set up one copy of MMTTY to receive using only the left channel of a
single sound card, and a separate copy of MMTTY to receive using only
the right channel of the same sound card. The two operate entirely
independently. One decodes the signal from the main receiver, the other
one from the sub receiver. If you only want to copy one signal, just
don't look at the output from the other copy of MMTTY, or if you find it
distracting, just turn SUB off and/or close down the second copy of MMTTY.

 From N1MM Logger, you can open two Entry windows, one for each VFO, and
open a separate Digital Interface window from each Entry window, with
separate copies of MMTTY each configured to use the appropriate channel
of the sound card. You can receive on both receivers at once, and choose
which one to transmit to with the "\" key. Or, if you only want to use
one VFO, just close down the second Entry window.

73,
Rich VE3KI