Wes,

I don't know about the -j501, but Kirchoff tells me that a series Xl =
j1000 alone will cancel the +j1000 in the shack feedpoint (your example)
leaving a 50 ohms pure resistive load, no need for the shunt element.

Since the absolute value of the Low Pass L-net impedance requires that
Rl be less than Rs, I do not know how a Low Pass section would provide a
match.  The matching section must be a High Pass with your values.

73,
Don W3FPR