Alan,

WARNING - I am leading this thread Off-Topic.  Delete immediately if you
object,- some parts are personal.

Quoting Shakespeare on the reflector may be as good or better than some
of the other "OT" posts that have appeared here in the past (no specific
examples cited nor intended).

I just might add a few of my favorite Mike Cross (and Tom Paxton) quotes
to the melay in due time!
(OK, you can Google if you are not familiar with those artists).  The
humor and sentimentality of Mike Cross's songwriting helped me stay
grounded through 3 bouts with cancer - he gave me hope and a new
perspective on life, and I thouroughly enjoy the political satire that
Tom Paxton has provided me with both a laugh at politics and a deep
sorrow at the beauracracy that has developed.

 From Mike Cross (who does not have an apparent active political agenda
-- the serious side is embodied in songs like "Red Tailed Hawk",  while
the funny side is characterized by "Elma Turl",or "Granny's Milk Cartons".

Tom Paxton does have a political agenda, but has composed and performed
music ranging from "Ramblin' Boy" to "Lyndon Johnson told the Nation"
(use Google).  Yes, this is stuff from the 1960s and the 1970s, and some
is anti-war., but the time of Lyndon Johnson and Vietnam are past, so
just enjoy the music and forget the politics that made that music so
close to home.

73,
Don W3FPR