The best thing you can do at this point is to get an experienced local ham who
knows what
to expect to listen to your setup. I bet that if you posted the name of your
town on the
list there would be someone nearby that could help you. Or you could contact a
local radio
club.

Yes, you need more radials for an efficient antenna, but I don't think that's
the problem.
It's also the case that 100' of coax is a lot for a 43' vertical which you are
matching at
the transceiver. The KAT3 will make the rig see a matched antenna, but the SWR
along the
line will be quite high on some bands, which will cause significant loss.
Having said
that, I still don't think that's the problem.

It may just be that you are listening at the wrong times. 40 meters in the
early evening
should be good.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA