I've heard quite a few people use balun, when they meant impedence transformer
or unun.

I heard somewhere (and the tapes have been erased) that the 43' length came
about
because it was the most economical length for a manufacturer to cut stock with
the
least waste to meet shipping limitations.

73, Mike NF4L