Ok, you win, I´ll order a KX3 when it arrives!

I have quite a few 5-10w portable radios gathering dust unless I plan to
operate CW. My trusty K2 has the 100W PA, which I usually run at 25-50 watts
using a 14AH battery and an K1 tuner (which tackles 50W well in spite of being
rated lower). The power difference is not impressive in terms of db, but when
operating SSB on 60m and below having a bit more power output often is the
difference between having a QSO and having a frustrated operator at both ends.

Please consider a KX3 Heavy Duty version, with a lithium battery and higher
power output  (25W) in a bigger box. There really is gaping hole in the market
for such a rig, since most rigs either are too puny in terms of power or
battery capacity (i.e. FT-817) or too battery thirsty (FT-897 for example). I
would buy one or two on the spot, and I know a lot of hams who for various
reasons have to operate portable - typically having residential noise problems
or antenna restrictions -  likely will buy one as well.

73´s

Terje