Lyle hit it head on. All QRP radios that really need punch lack don't have RF
speech processor or an equalizer. With speech processor, KX3 can sound like
a 4 times stronger radio. With poor mic that Kx3 can equalize, even more
than that. My guestimate 10W of KX3 may approach readability of IC-7000 with
stock mic.

KX3 may be the most efficient QRP SSB radio ever produced.

If I have one question is why won't it have Li-Ion batteries. Either 3
Li-Ion (12.6 V max) or 4 LIFEPO of 15.2V max. Perhaps it is due to safety or
liability. I use Li-Ion in K3, and it is much lighter with higher peak
current.

Ignacy, currently OZ/NO9E/p

Note that the KX3 will have an effective SSB
clipper/compressor/processor to give an average of at least 6 dB of
"talk power" without significant impairment of the speech quality,
making 10W seem like 25 or more to the receiving station.

73,

Lyle KK7P