Sorry, guys, the KX3's internal ATU isn't going to be accessible for
patching through an external amp. It will safely handle 12 W (max KX3
power on most bands), but 20 W is pushing it.

I routinely work the world with 10 W SSB and marginal antennas, hence
the KX3's 10-W nominal power-output target :)

Back to the salt mine....

73,
Wayne
N6KR