Roger,

A resistive power attenuator adding a db or so loss between the KPA100 and
transverter would allow you to run a little more power from the KPA100, and
you would most likely not have to bypass it during receive. An extra db or
so addded to the transverter's receive IF output (28 MHz) should not affect
the 432 MHz Rx noise figure by a noticeable amount - assuming some Rx gain
in the transverter.

The thick film "non-inductive power resistors" available from Farnel are
satisfactory for use in a power attenuator at 28 MHz.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD