Much of my building time, I also listen to the bands, and because I do, I want
to have a desk light, mag light, or most anything else that is on... to be
useful but not noisy.One of the swing arm lights had a florescent lamp.. and
created so much rf noise that I couldn't hear.... the answer? easy.... replace
the lamp with LEDs... works wonderful.Clean bright light, diffused and quiet
too.  Now.. the style of mag glass... I prefer a square mag ... why? because
the boards are seldom round. and the portion of the board I want to see... is
not a spot... but a larger area.Often I work the entire side of an ATS board at
one time.. and I really don't like to adjust the mag in the middle of the
board... square is better. Moving me around a little is better than moving the
mag around at all. But square is rare. I really don't like the "we'll fake you
into thinking it is square by putting round inside square" ones either.   Swing
arm lamps are very touchy... the better ones move at the
  hint of a finger... stay put when left untouched and never move on their own.
Those that do all that... are also very expensive. So.. we do with what we
have... and adjust when needed. I even use a 30x loupe, hand held, borrowed
from my darkroom, but I don't build with it.. only inspect.  Have a great day,

Dale - WC7S in Wy