I'm with those who prefer head-mounted magnification.  I built my K2
while wearing an Optivisor:

     http://www.doneganoptical.com/optivisor.php

It looks as though it would be uncomfortable, but looks are deceiving.
It is light and the head band is broad and soft.  I wore it for most of
the three weeks I took to build my K2 with no discomfort.

Magnification factor: Beats me, but the lenses are marked with a "5"*.
I doubt that means 5x.  Perhaps it means 5 diopter.  Mine also has a
loupe that swings down over one lens to add an additional 2.5x.  I only
used the loupe to read the writing on the smallest capacitors.  Here's
the loupe:

     http://www.doneganoptical.com/optiloupe.php

They make a lighted version, but I have no experience with it:

     http://www.doneganoptical.com/visorlight.php

73, Wayne Conrad KF7QGA

* They sell other lenses so you can have whatever magnification you want.