I'll repeat W2CS suggestion, get a UPS, then plug the K3's power supply into
the UPS. Since you are trying only to allow yourself to shut down cleanly,
you can get the smallest capacity, and therefore the cheapest version. It
will handle the K3's RX current for quite a while, even with a small UPS.

Some of the commentary seems to be about creating a full run floating
battery alternate supply.  If you want that, it's one approach, but if all
you want is orderly shut down, you hardly need go that far.

If you already have a UPS for your PC, plug the K3's power supply into that
UPS.  When you are operating with AC the extra drain makes no difference to
the UPS.  When the power goes down, cease transmitting quickly and you will
be fine.  The K3 in RX only adds about 20 watts to the load on the AC.

73, Guy.