Having worked in manufacturing of the F111 FB when they did that I can imagine
that to convert over would have cost BILLIONS.

The United States manufacturers just decided not to spend the money to convert.

Yes, the Metric system makes more sense, but a wholesale conversion would have
been very expensive.

Now would be a good time to do it since we don't manufacture anything in the USA
any more, and when the Chinese collect our debt to them from us they will make
it happen anyway.

73,
Tom
Amateur Radio Operator N5GE
ARRL Lifetime Member
QCWA Lifetime Member

"Only a white man would believe he could cut the top
off of a blanket, sew it to the bottom and have a longer
blanket."

-- Old Indian comment about Daylight Saving Time