Hmmm - interesting comments. I use a microHam DigiKeyer and the gold plugs on
that fit very well - again a product from an European country using metric
only. And I use a Heil Proset-K2 (purchased with the K3) which also fits well
and never had any problems.

Having said that, I've never had any problems with the fit of jack plugs in all
my time associated with electronics (that’s 46 years btw). I guess I've just
been lucky.
73 de M0XDF (K3 #174, P3 #108)
--
There are three truths: my truth, your truth, and the truth.
-Chinese proverb