I want to thank all of you for the info, but at this time I am unable to
construct anything myself, so i was looking for a commercial solution

------Original Message------
From: David Christ
To: va3...@gmail.com
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Yamaha CM500/PPT Headset
Sent: Feb 19, 2012 14:53

What I use for a hand PTT switch is a small Micro Switch snap action
switch from my junkbox.  It is about an inch long and half an inch
wide and just a little higher.  It has a button on the top.  After
soldering wires on the terminals I covered the back half with shrink
tubing.  Since I am not a touch typist I can hold it in my hand while
using a keyboard or even write with a pencil.  Works great for me,
but each has his own opinions.

David K0LUM