Ray,

In answer to Qu3, I use DATA-A for PSK31 and it works like a dream.  I
simply tune the band, put the rig in Data mode and set it to DATA-A, turn
down my output power to about 20 or 25 watts, and away I go.  The question
I would have for you is, what software are you using to run PSK31?  Setup
at the software level is going to vary based on the individual application
used.

Hope this helps some.

73,

--Ian
 Ian Kahn, KM4IK
Roswell, GA  EM74ua
km4ik....@gmail.com
K3 #281, P3 #688

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 6:27 AM, Ray Spreadbury <ray...@btinternet.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a few queries re operating my new K3/100  (# 6231). I am using it
> with the P3 + Microham MK II for all modes - CW, SSB, RTTY & PSK31. It also
> has the KAT3 ant tuner. I am in a monthly series of UK 80 metre contests
> where each week you use a different mode but I have some problems:-
>

> Qu. 1  For CW, whilst holding down the Band switch does indeed bring QSK
> onto the LED screen, it does not in fact switch full break in on, & the rig
> remains at semi break in. What else do I need to do to get full QSK?
>

> Qu.2  On 80 metres SSB, I can only get USB displayed & even using the
> Reverse switch does not bring in LSB. Could this be related to me also
> using
> PSK on 80M too? There is no trouble with USB/LSB on other bands.
>

> Qu.3  RTTY operates fine on 80 metres using the FSK-D mode, but what is the
> best method for PSK? Is it the PSK-D mode or the DATA A mode, as so far,
> I'm
> not having much success setting up either of them?
>

> Any help would be appreciated
>

> 73 de Ray, G3XLG

Ian Kahn, KM4IK
Roswell, GA  EM74ua