Hi Rick,

You're right about that. There is a lot of RTTY software that will key
the K3 in FSK D using the old-fashioned hardware method, the same as you
would use with any radio other than the K3 (or KX3). In fact, the only
popular Windows RTTY software that will not do this is software that
won't do FSK RTTY at all, i.e. HRD(DM780) and Fldigi. But if you want to
do FSK using the K3's radio control serial connection only, without a
separate FSK keying connection, you're very limited in your choice of
software.

73,
Rich VE3KI