Regarding Q1 and Q2, this is absolutely not how the K3 is expected to work. If
the
Microham unit (with which I am not familiar) activates PTT, then that could
explain why
you are not getting full QSK. I suggest completely disconnecting it and see if
you still
have these problems. If so, contact <supp...@elecraft.com>.

On 3/6/2012 3:27 AM, Ray Spreadbury wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a few queries re operating my new K3/100  (# 6231). I am using it
> with the P3 + Microham MK II for all modes - CW, SSB, RTTY&  PSK31. It also
> has the KAT3 ant tuner. I am in a monthly series of UK 80 metre contests
> where each week you use a different mode but I have some problems:-
>

> Qu. 1  For CW, whilst holding down the Band switch does indeed bring QSK
> onto the LED screen, it does not in fact switch full break in on,&  the rig
> remains at semi break in. What else do I need to do to get full QSK?
>

> Qu.2  On 80 metres SSB, I can only get USB displayed&  even using the
> Reverse switch does not bring in LSB. Could this be related to me also using
> PSK on 80M too? There is no trouble with USB/LSB on other bands.
>

> Qu.3  RTTY operates fine on 80 metres using the FSK-D mode, but what is the
> best method for PSK? Is it the PSK-D mode or the DATA A mode, as so far, I'm
> not having much success setting up either of them?
>

> Any help would be appreciated
>

> 73 de Ray, G3XLG

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA