That's because modern business schools don't teach leadership and as you say
they tell their students they don't have to know the business they are managing.

The students have been taught that businesses are run on charts and graphs, so
they sit on their fannies and make computer charts and graphs instead of walking
out in the shop to get to know the business and the employees.  No wonder China
has all the manufacturing business now.  Industrial engineers have become highly
paid accountants and count beans instead of studying work flow, etc.

That's my opinion, I could be wrong.

Keep up the good work Elecraft.  Treat your employees well and take an interest
in what they are doing (as you are now) and you will have fun and make a lot of
money too.

Amateur Radio Operator N5GE
ARRL Lifetime Member
QCWA Lifetime Member