My first thought was to change the EQ more like I have my TX eq set pulling
the low end down and raising the high end up does tend to accent the
high-end of speech for clarity on phone but on a quiet band makes the band
noise sound hissy.

I don't have my low end set up to the plus side as high nor the high end set
as low on the negative side as N1EU but have went in this general direction
to smooth out the band noise but in a very active round table I don't know
if the noise tone is really that important in relation to good receive audio
clarity. If you go too high on the plus side of the bottom end and too
negative on the high end you can tend to use loose some signal clarity and
get a little muddy.

73 de KE4WY Jim

These work for me, CW or Phone:

 RX Eq settings Low to High audio band: