Tony there are a few members of MVDXCC down in SWMO
who are only too familiar with Elecraft. One of our guys is a
cheerleading owner of the FT5000 and has just received a "new"
K3. He is impressed at first impression stage but will need
more time to make a real evaluation of it for himself. Myself
and one other Elecraft/MVDXCC guy both are saving our nickels and
dimes for a K3. I am even selling off a lot of stuff surplus to
today's needs and will eventually have a K3 to go with 2 K2s
and a K1.
When someone says Mike was/is impressed others ask the
question "WHAT!!!???" I made comment yesterday at our regular
Saturday morning breakfast that in the last year or two I have
been impressed several times. Then added each time it was
due to an Elecraft product performance.
One of the Hogs gave me my Novice test back in early 59.
You will know him as GSV from W0 buro fame. So even some
OTs can appreciate a winner. Elecraft has been around long
enough to not be an upstart any more. They have been around
long enough to give us pride in another American company.
In the upcoming pile ups if you hear me in there banging away
it will be using an Elecraft. Once said many moons ago "If you
can't hear em you can't work em". Now days I hear em better
with my trusty Elecraft K2. I am told the K3 is even better.
I don't think the guys who are Elecraft fans are a cult. I think
they are folks who can appreciate success. I know I do.
GL in the pileups Tony. Tell all the Hogs up there hi for us
down here. 73, Mike

                    Mike Sanders
                        KOAZ