Craig, NC0R, wrote:

I've purchased the Rework Eliminator modules and the customized bezels and
nameplates that are advertised here from time to time. I think I've seen
mention of people offering torroid winding services. It's probably one of
those things where when you like the product being advertised it's no big
deal. But if you, like me, can't understand why someone wouldn't want to
build their own K2 without help, then the messages seem to come too
frequently. :-)

Mychael AA3WF, a.k.a. "the toroidguy" is an approved supplier of pre-wound
toroids for the Elecraft products. He doesn't advertise on the reflector but
he gets a lot of kudo's from his customers that are often posted here.

His service, like the builders, keeps it fun for everyone. Mychael started
winding toroids after a number of Elecraft builders found it simply not fun
to wind them and some were unable to do so due to various physical
limitations. He helps builders keep building who otherwise might not do so.

I've seen his work. I don't mind winding toroids, but mine don't look as
pretty as his <G>. He has the solder pots and the experience needed to
deliver a first-class winding and stripping job every time.

Although he doesn't use bandwidth to 'advertise' here, he is listed as a
resource on the Elecraft web site (www.elecraft.com) and you'll find his
service mentioned in most of the Elecraft manuals.

Also there is a list of builders on the Elecraft web site for those who
would love to have an Elecraft rig but who can no longer build for some
reason or for those who simply enjoy operating, not building but who want
the superb Elecraft engineering on their operating desks.

There's a wealth of builder support information and services to be found on
the Elecraft site if one digs around a bit.

Ron AC7AC