chas wrote:
On 26/11/2012 12:19, Don Wilhelm wrote:
Do you have a saved K3 configuration file?  If so, do an EEINIT (see
Parameter Initialization in the manual) and reload the configuration.

That will give you something to accomplish while waiting for the support
people to wake up this morning.

73,
Don W3FPR

Thank you Don, but you need to read my latest reply to Gary.
The SHIFT LO NORM button is not working correctly - so what you are both suggesting will not work.

I have read the Parameter Initialisation page in the manual.

I have tried reinstalling the Configuration Menu.

Until you appreciate that the K3 front panel buttons are all totally corrupted then any cure to this problem cannot be found.

If your description is correct, this could be a hardware problem involving communication between the buttons, the MCU and the rest of the rig. Have you tried removing the front panel assembly, and checking for any connector-related problems?

Search the pdf version of the K3 Assembly Manual for "Removing the front panel" and follow the instructions there. Carefully lever off the entire assembly (using the screwdriver slots provided) and then back-track through the assembly instructions, checking for any possible connector problems involving the Front Panel Board and its various plug-in modules. Then, equally carefully, plug it all back together, and this may be enough to re-establish communication.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek