I make it a point of never buying any radios on eBay usually there is a
problem with them or they wouldn't be there. If the items are listed on the
ham related forums you can most of the time (or I do anyway) feel more
confident that they are in the condition listed. In no way have I ever felt
that way about used items bought off of eBay it is like hamfest gear you
can't test be ready to do work on it.

So far I have only been burnt one time on a item I bought on QRZ am Yaesu
VL-1000 amp. It was bought from a ham in AZ. who said he had just had it
into Yaesu to be checked out ( that turned out to be a lie) bought the amp.
He insisted on Money Orders I wanted to use Pay Pal and I pay the fee he
wouldn't first mistake.

I paid him for the amp and shipping received it 10 days later opened it and
it was DOA. Called him and he wasn't very happy to hear about, I asked him
if he checked it out after Yaesu sent it to him he didn't he said. Finally
told me to ship the amp back to him I did so. In the mean time I called
Yaesu about the repairs that were done to the amp they checked and all that
was done was replace the display and both covers top/sides and bottom
nothing else checked.

2 weeks later he called me mad because a very small piece of scotch tape
where it overlapped the clear plastic on the amp had gotten on the top of
the amp. I told him I was sorry but not a problem for sure nothing was
harmed for sure. He sent a photo of the tape where he had left it on the amp
when he removed the plastic, the tape had been cut on both sides to leave
about 1/2" on it.

He kept $250 of my money because he said that the cover would have to be
replaced and gave me no options the shipping/insurance for the 2 box's 2
ways was just over $400 so that lesion cost me $650. Moral of the story
NEVER, NEVER use a Money Order/Cash same in the mail always use Pay Pal tied
to a Credit Card only not your checking account then you have recourse.

Or the best way buy from someone you know or someone on this reflector I
have bought numerous items here and all great people.

73,
Fred/N0AZZ