On Wed, 2012-12-12 at 12:20 -0600, Fred Smith wrote:
> I make it a point of never buying any radios on eBay usually there is
> problem with them or they wouldn't be there.

I never had a problem with Ebay, but I am very careful. I only accept
Paypal and check the seller's rating. If he doesn't have something like
99% and at least a couple dozen ratings, I don't deal. No legitimate
Ebay seller wants his rating bashed.. I think problem radios often come
from estate sales, and the seller doesn't check them out. There is
always the crook out there, but their rating quickly suffers.

I am selling the K2 to get a KX3. It is hard for me to sell something I
built and that works so well. I love the K2, but the KX3 is more
portable, which is the kind of operation I like. I take my K1 to the
local coffee shop on a regular basis and clamp my Buddistick to my table
outside. Great fun! The K2 doesn't fit in my backpack with my laptop in
it. One guy asked me what I was doing, I said "I'm calling the
mothership," and he looked up to the sky! LOL.

With the K1, I carry three items, a battery, the K1, and my paddles.
With the KX3, I'll have only one, using the attached paddles. That also
means a Pelican 1200 case Instead of the 1400 I use for my K1... I can
also use the KX3 at home like I do my K2. It's quite a bit more money
for me, but if I also sell my Icom IC-271A, I'll be getting close ;-)

Gil.