Hi Fred,

Sorry to hear about the bad experience on that transaction. I have had one
like that as well. Same kind of deal as yours.

Not all items on ebay are bad - the majority are legitimate and as
described. It has not at all been my experience that "...usually there
is a problem
with them or they wouldn't be there." Yes, sometimes that is the case, of
course.

I have purchased numerous radios on ebay and all were exactly as described.
Like you said, don't do the money order thing. Credit card via PayPal.
Great advice! I use that same method and steer clear of items where they
want a money order or there are other "fishy" signs. Regardless, one must
carefully read the description, study the pictures, look at the feedback,
and then not let desire for an item cloud judgement. Of course, buying from
a seller that is well known, or known to you, or frequents reflectors of
the character of this one, is certainly the best way, when it is an option.

I'm glad that Gil notified us of his ebay listing. Like Ken, I might have
missed it otherwise.

73
JP
WF4Z