I have always been amused by the antenna adverts that say things like "I worked 100 countries in 6 hours" or some such nonsense. Those type ads never give radiation patterns or any other meaningful data that can be used to compare with other antennas.

That does not mean that the ads were mis-leading, but the fact that however many contacts were made is really meaningless.

The fact is that any antenna will radiate and can make contacts unless it is rolled up and sitting on a shelf in the basement.

73,
Don W3FPR