At 02:55 PM 6/18/2013, Wayne Burdick wrote:

Many competing 100-W amps don't cover 160-6 meters, or don't make it to 100 W on 6 meters. Many have poor IMD performance on some bands (we bought one of each and tested them in our lab; some were truly awful). None of them offer a companion internal ATU.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

Hi,

A very nice looking amp.  A few questions:

I assume from the detail description that the KXPA100 face plate sans the built in ATU would have just the upper row of lights, Power out, ATT, TX, ON .... and the OFF/ON slide switch.

I assume that the sans built in ATU version would automatically bypass the amp when in the OFF position.

I also assume that the attenuation, ATT light is activated automatically as is the band selection.

At what power level will the automatically switched ATT kick in?

At the moment my favorite antenna tuner (manual) is the ezee match which is very easy to tune and has 2 separate antenna inputs. Physically the KXPA100 would fit very nicely on top of the AT case (exactly 6 in wide and 12 in deep).

I assume, that should I wish to add the built in ATU in the future that it would include a new faceplate with the added lights and buttons.

Thanks

73
Jim, VE3CI