At $750, with the features included, this is a very competitive price. What I am hearing on the street is the Italian RM amps are pure junk (do not meet FCC spec's). I would never mate my fine K3 or KX3 with one.

Many of you know I have been trying to come up with a "cheap" amp to fit the low-cost amplifier "niche". After a year of work the best price I can offer is $525. When I heard the KXPA100 would be $749, I knew my market was gone.

I brought a prototype to Dayton and was basically ignored. I can say it has been fun to go thru development and it has been educational. I am sure Wayne and Eric recognize much of this from their experience starting out in the QRP market.

At this point I have no expectation of selling much. So I will switch gears to try my hand at developing a 630m transverter for the new ham band at 472-479 KHz. At this point it is still an experimental band.

PS: I am still working out bugs on the six-band LP filter. I have built one 300w and one 140w CCI kit. I am running the 300w amp in my station quite successfully. When the LP filter is completed and installed, I will sell my prototype 110w amp (de-rated from 140w).

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
dubus...@gmail.com
"Kits made by KL7UW"