Good Evening,
It has been a very nice week with mild temperatures and mostly sunny days. Currently the thunder is booming though I've not seen any lightning. This is very rare for the PNW. When I first started hearing rumbles I was thinking military jets. But when the sky got a charcoal grey my Midwestern weather genes kicked in and I started unhooking all of my antennas. I do have to fight the urge to close all the windows since the rain rarely falls up here :) In Wisconsin there was no telling where all of the rain was going; you were going to get wet no matter what you did.

Propagation was good most of the week and hopefully tomorrow's forecast thunderstorms will be displaced from me either in time or distance so I can run the net without losing my eardrums. I have run the net while the rain was falling so hard I could not hear through my headphones. When the roof creaks from snow load it is not so bad. If I hear thunder while I am on the air I will go SK quickly.

   Please join us tomorrow afternoon and evening.

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help  (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

Sunday 2200z (Sunday 3 PM PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0100z (Sunday 6 PM PDT)  7045 kHz

       Stay well,
          Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

Elecraft CW Net Report for August 4th & 5th, 2013

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:
W0CZ - Ken - ND - KX3 - 4275
AC5P - Mike - OK - K3 - 2170
AB9V - Mike - IN - K3 - 398