Good Morning,
After an unseasonably warm week it is back to normal again:rain, fog, and cool. Currently it is booming outside so all the antennas are unplugged. Two thunderstorms in less than two weeks is very unusual. Propagation has been decent though.

All of the talk about net procedures is very good. It would be nice to have an NCS on either side of the country. At one point we did have three net controls who worked stations by call area. That was when propagation was much better than it is now. Unfortunately Tom has left us and propagation has gone with him. I may need to rewrite the net procedure list I wrote a few years back and post it.

The Elecraft net previous to mine lasted only a year. I tried a number of times to check in but never was able to be heard. Even with the 100 watt amplifier my K2 could not make it to the net control station in Louisiana. Within a month of those attempts I started the CW net in June of 2002. Over the years I have been skunked only once. Some weeks it has been tough going but I always get some participation.

Now that there are many more Elecraft rigs around, including those with external amplifiers, the voice net has been revived and is doing well. Please try your hand at CW folks, it is a lot of fun.

   Please join us tomorrow afternoon and evening.

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help  (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

Sunday 2200z (Sunday 3 PM PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0100z (Sunday 6 PM PDT)  7045 kHz

       Stay well,
          Kevin.  KD5ONS

-