From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of WILLIS COOKE
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 11:21 PM
To: Bob KD7YZ; K3 List
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] How do I generate a "Key Down" to tune an external
6m amp?

The easy way is to hold the dash on the bug.  If you want to use a straight
key just wire it across the terminals on the bug.  You don't need but one
key input.  The way the old telegraphers used a bug was to insert the flat
connector between the base and the copper/brass strip that connects to the
contact on the straight key and the straight key was permanently bolted to
the desk and wired to the telegraph line.

Willis 'Cookie' Cooke, TDXS DX Chairman
K5EWJ & Trustee N5BPS, USS Cavalla, USS Stewart