On 3/1/2014 11:04 AM, Jim Bennett wrote:
As I read Fred's note, it seems like maybe he is assuming that it can
keep multiple settings, as he said he "has more than one antenna for
most bands." Does the KAT500 keep a separate set of memories for each
ANTx port, or is there just ONE for each band, irregardless of what
ANTx port the antenna is hooked to? My understanding was that there
is just ONE set of memories. Yes?

I'll defer to Dick because he actually *knows*, but I have 3 antennas and I set the 500 up with the utility with a primary and secondary antenna on each band [where I had more than one]. The other(s) are disabled so when I punch the ANT button, it cycles through those that are enabled. When I was training it, the solutions were different depending on which antenna I was on, and now, it recalls the correct L-C solution when I change antennas.

So, I think it remembers your settings by band segment for each of the three antenna outputs.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2014 Cal QSO Party 4-5 Oct 2014
- www.cqp.org